Friday, October 22, 2010

Rug Hooking Workshop

Hooked Rug Sketch

I attended a rug hooking workshop at work. It's my first try, though I've wanted to take it for the longest time. My first attempt is a design that's 9.5" x 12"; had to simplify the design when I actually started to do it. I love folk art + colors, so this is the perfect workshop for me. I had lots of fun! : )

Wool Strips

Hooked Rug WIP

This is 1.5-day worth of work. We have a follow up workshop in 2 weeks; hopefully I can finish my piece by then.

9 comments:

Dawn said...

This is the cutest! I love it! Great job Flora!!

dawn machell said...

wow it's fab! I love it!
x

lisa stubbs said...

Looks great!!

Tam Hess said...

As usual your stuff rocks! You are such an inspiration for me. That owl calendar project is amazing. xoxo

Darnita said...

That's is a cutie birdie. I hadn't heard of rug hooking. I'll have to see if that is taught in my area. Thanks for sharing.

FRIZZ said...

this is gorgeous!!

ejorpin said...

Adore this design, great colours too! Rug hooking looks like fun,adding it to my list of things I want to try now!

Hello There ! said...

This looks wonderful flora !

Super Orange said...

♥ your work :))