Sunday, December 2, 2007

Little Wire+Button Tree


My dear friend and I were lucky enough to find two more of these small wire trees (the same style that appeared in my earlier post) in the local antique shop for just $11 each. I made these little wooden buttons for him to decorate his tree. I had to do it in a real hurry yesterday afternoon since my band had a gig last night and my friend needed to catch an early flight this morning. But I got it done and thought they turned out alright, until I put them on the tree and then realized that all I could see was the backside since they are not rounded as traditional ornaments!!! Ahhhhh... so I added punched-outs from my old book and that helped. I hope his co-workers would be jealous of his new tree! Heehee... I know it might be too girly for a man, but come on, it's hand-made. It's the thought that counts! : )

7 comments:

Danielle McDonald said...

Wow Flora I am speachless! This is really stunning. I have not had time to read your blog for a while and am so amazed by the gorgeous craft you have been doing lately. The necklaces are stunning and I would love to have this tree in my house!

Ester GarcĂ­a said...

!!!

When I think you can´t surprise me more.....

tachaaaannn

Anonymous said...

I love your wire trees and how you*ve decorated them. Gorgeouse!

Catalina Alvarez said...

Oh! I love this wire tree!
Is simple and adorable!
Cata

Gisele Jaquenod said...

this is like one of the cutest trees i have seen in a long timeee :O i want oneeee

kraplap said...

I love your button Xmas tree ! Blogged about it here: http://kraplap.blogspot.com/2010/12/button-wednesday-xmas-ornaments.html

Kellie Christie said...

I love it! What a fantastic find too :) I wish I had a button Christmas tree!