I only had 15 minutes to cook today and this thing took only 15 minutes to prepare... It contains two separate dishes: mushroom quinoa with seaweed + honey ham tofu. It will serve 2 people.
Organic Quinoa : 1 cup
Dry Arame Seaweed (optional): about 1/2 cup
Dry Sliced Shiitake Mushrooms: about 3/4 cup
Hon Dashi (or other kind of soup stock powder)
A Box of Silk Tofu
Sliced Honey Hams
Roasted Sesame Seeds
Prepare mushroom quinoa first:
1. First, soak 1/2 cup of dry arame seaweed in a bowl with cold water. Set it aside.
2. Bring 2.5 cups of water to boil, turn the heat down to medium.
3. Add 1 cup of organic quinoa and about 3/4 cup of dry shiitake mushrooms into the pot. (I break the mushroom into smaller pieces by hand.) Stir occasionally and let it cook for 13 minutes until all water is absorbed. Add some sea salt and dashi while cooking (you can add other kind of stock powder if you don't have dashi).
4. The arame seaweed should be soft and double in volume now. Get rid of the soaking water and add just the seaweed into the pot and mix well. Serve hot.
To prepare honey ham tofu (while the quinoa is cooking):
1. Take a box of silk tofu, plate it and slice it into smaller pieces.
2. Chop some sliced honey hams into small pieces. Sprinkle them on top of the tofu.
3. To make the sauce, mix 1 table spoon of each: soy sauce, sesame oil and balsamic vinegar. Mix well and pour it on the tofu.
4. Finally, sprinkle some roasted sesame seeds on top. That's it.
Note: You don't have to use seaweed if you are not used to the taste, or you can just use a little bit to see if you like it or not. It's so good for your health though. Arame seaweed is actually a good one to start with since it has a milder taste.