Saturday, September 5, 2009

Mixies is now on my Flickr

1956 Mixies


As I mentioned in my previous post, I got lucky and found this amazing set of Mixies cards in a local antique shop for $3. The illustrations in this deck are absolutely stunning. It took me a couple of hours scanning and cleaning the images, and now the Mixies set is on my Flickr. I tried to track down any information regarding the illustrator but couldn't find anything. If you know anything about it, please let me know!

Also, while I researched online, I found this blog posted by The Jacky Winter Group, an Australian agency for illustrators, and how they put together a set of promo piece using Mixies as their inspiration. Check it out.

Mixies® is a product by Ed-U-Cards, ©1956

2 comments:

Ribambins said...

hello

Thank you for the link, i like what Jacky Winter Group did with their promo box. I bought this game a while ago and neither have I been able to identify the illustrator. You've done a great job cleaning the pictures.

Flora Chang said...

Thanks!! Luckily the cards are pretty clean so I didn't have to clean too much. :)