Monday, September 6, 2010

Just Playing Tonight

Shrink Plastic Discs

I found out that I had 3 packs of un-opened Shrinky Dinks on my shelf. I bought them about 2 years ago but haven't played with them at all. So I tried tonight. It's not an exact science, but it's definitely fun. They are so tiny after shrinking! Should I make them into little rings? They look so dainty. :)

PS: The real things actually look better then the photo. The lineworks becomes really thin and dark after shrinking.

Shrink Plastic Ring

11 comments:

picnipic said...

i play with that too.
it's funny and the result is really good!

Flora Chang said...

I know... I like watching them in the oven. :)

Marianne M said...

Oo, I'd forgotten about this stuff! It's so much fun seeing how the designs come out. These look great! So dainty and pretty.

Mickey Quinn said...

Wow, adorable! Makes me want to break out some shrinky...

kathryn durst said...

omg so cute

MitziMakes said...

ooh like shrinkles? I just love shrinkles! Did you use scallop scissors for the edges?

Flora Chang said...

Thanks guys! It's fun! Break out your Shrinky Dink!!! (Is it just me or you think Shrinky Dink sounds dirty? hee hee... get your mind out of the gutter flora!)

Mitzi,
I just used a punch.

MitziMakes said...

ooh ok thanks for the tips - you've got my imagination whirring away!! :)

Tamara Henderson said...

Your designs are wonderful!!

Anonymous said...

They look great! I've never used shrinky dinks before. I really like the little ring you made though :)

eileensideways said...

your blog and creativity is so unique. very whimsical. would love to see u on twitter so we can keep up with u.