Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Another Try on Soldering


After I came back from my Sunday soldering class, I tried to do another one at home, but my brand new soldering iron just didn't want to behave for me and everything looked like a big mess. I got black goo-goo all over my iron, the solder was not melting nicely and I burned the wet sponge... I was really discouraged.

Last night I decided to give it another try. My friend at work told me how to get my iron clean and it really made a huge difference. Suddenly the solder flew nicely and everything was fine. So I made another one using one of the little collage I did during the class. I need a lot of patience and practice, but knowing that I can do it makes me feel a lot better...

Thank you all for your nice and warm comments on my posts!! They really mean a lot to me!! XO

13 comments:

Gina Perry said...

These are beautiful, the collage works really well with your style.

Susan Mitchell said...

I think you have to open an Etsy shop and sell these - they are so sweet :)

Ken said...

your pendants look great!

And well done on the soldering... I know how annoying it can be. Ive had many burnt fingers

Kelly Medina said...

So inspiring! Both sides turned out great! Way to push through the frustration phase - I can get hung up if I don't do great the first go. Very cool :)

Majeak Ann said...

oh looovely pretty!!!
xoxox!
Marjorie

mushroommeadows said...

That's sooooo awesome! I'm glad you gave it another try. :)

Jannie aka Chickengirl said...

your work is just adorable! Love them all!

Christine Clemmensen said...

How wonderful:)) I like them so much. I'm glad you gave it another go, and hope you make more. They are adorable (and I love the little doodle-frames you made around them:) -- extra goodies for my eyes to feast on:)

Catalina Alvarez said...

Wonderful!
Soldering is a really difficult art and you create such little things. You are a genius!
Cata

sheree boyd said...

i absolutely love all of your pendants! they look so amazing!!!

eva said...

So sweeeet....! Lovely..! :P

Michael Villegas said...

Thanks for visiting!

I really like your characters. Great work!

imwithsully said...

Hey, they turned out really well. Don't forget to buy the Sal Ammoniac. That is the easiest and fastest way to get the iron flowing well. You should open an etsy store. :)