Sunday, November 4, 2007

Soldered Away

OK! I just came back from my soldering class... I didn't realize that more than half of the class was actually for making collaged images and the last 2 hours were for real soldering works, and I really only got to solder for like an hour cause we had to share tools. But I had fun and I do think taking the class is necessary (at least for me) than to learn it from book myself, and it will probably save me a lot of trail and error down the road. Even though I didn't make pretty charms like Sally Jean's (I'll never know how in the world she makes her edges so smooth), here are my very first attempt, front and back... Please don't laugh...

10 comments:

maura said...

hey flora - looks like you had fun! :) i think they turned out great!

mushroommeadows said...

congratulations!!! For your first attempt, I would have to say that they are pretty nifty! :)

Kelly Medina said...

That sounds like a lot of fun. Those are great. Nice job for your first go!

I wanna make some too! :)

Anne-Julie said...

I'd love to learn how to do ones like these. I adore the overall look! I'd buy yours also!!

do you think if it exeists any tutorial?

computerarte said...

I there Flora! Love this litle soldering work!

Anonymous said...

Flora~~in chinese~
its "imperfect beauty"!!!
looks great~~its paper inside??

after my YOGA class I sleep very well coz its too tried...
and I move like corpse..=_=

FRIZZ said...

I love taking classes for new things. It's the best way to learn.

I'm in love with your pumpkin head girl.

Abigail said...

Oooh, so cute! I've always wanted to learn soldering - these look great.

princesstomato said...

ooohhh playtime! lots of fun! glad you got it figured out without too much frustration, flora. they look great. :)

teri

violette said...

these are adorable. Soldering is difficult......it takes practise!

love, violette