Saturday, February 9, 2008

Hobo and The Mysterious Creature + A wild Party


Last night we had a combined birthday party for two of our dear girlfriends. One of them is Mimi (yup... the muse of the "Chomp Chomp Chicken") and Mimi LOVES hobos, so I drew this birthday card for her! We had Greek food in a restaurant called Tasso's, and man, I have no words to describe my experience cause there were just too much going on! On top of the flaming cheese and awesome food, you got breaking plates, staff yelling "Opa!" every few minutes, live guitar and keyboard playing music from traditional Greek tunes to Abba's "Dancing Queen", a hobo man named "JazzBo" (as a Jazz Hobo) palying a trumpet and a big conch shell... and best of all, a belly dancer dancing her way in between the tables! Wow... it was crazy but we all had a fun night!

5 comments:

kaunchen said...

love ur small cute sketches. so little and warm.:)

mushroommeadows said...

wow! That sounds like an amazing night. I don't entirely understand the hobo love, but your hobo helps me understand it more. :) He's pretty cute, especially his shoes.

Anyway, I absolutely love your mom's bags. I can't believe she constructed them...it looks store bought. Sweet!

And, I hope you'll have a super great New Year. :D

karin said...

Your doodles are very pretty!

imwithsully said...

I love how you always stay true to your color palette! I love the hobo. Hope to see more of this character!

Christine Clemmensen said...

:))) I laughed so much when I read this -- it sounds like an eventful night:))
Hobo is very cool.
And I wish you a wonderful and happy New Year.xo ;-)C