Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Woodburning + Retro Kid Flickr Pool + Javier


I tried woodburning for the very first time during the weekend. I think my burner is too hot (950 degree F) and it burns really really fast... I need to shop for a temperature controller so I can adjust it and maybe have better control over the lines. But so far I like it; it feels like drawing on wood. If you have any suggestions please let me know! :)


Also, remember to take a look at the Retro Kid Flickr pool that has thousands of images contributed by people around the world. What a great source of inspiration!


And then, this is not really related to doodling or anything... but please allow me to just say this: isn't Javier Bardem the most adorable man ever? For some reason I totally missed the Oscar, but my co-worker showed me this clip and I just think it's so sweet that he brought his mom as his date. Now I really want to watch No Country for Old Men. He is HOT!

11 comments:

Esti said...

1) Javier Bardem is great! He comes from a great family of artists. His mom is a splendid actress.
2) The woodburned work looks quite good. I used to do this at school when I was 12 or so but I don't remember a single thing about it. So I can't help.
3) Thanks for the flickr link. Great!

marie-louise said...

Hello to you also!
Such a small sweet character.

maura said...

hey flora - i'm diggin' the wood burning! makes me wish i hadn't sold my wood burning tool! *argh!* anyway, there are tools out there that allow you to control the temp. if there's not a knob on there, chances are you can't.... but different types of wood give different results. . . which is fun to experiment with!

Feltaholic said...

Bardem family is very popular here in Spain. Both Javier and his mother are involved in fair causes and they have a very good relationship.
By the way, I love your blog!

Unknown said...

oh cool...I love using my woodburning tool...nice work

mushroommeadows said...

does the wood smell good when it's burning? very nice job! I like it a lot. :)

:: Carla Irusta :: said...

use the woodburning is so funny! I love your blog! saludos mil!

Eli said...

This looks great, I like the character and composition. I really like your other more colorful works too!

As for Bardem, hmmm, deep voice, broad shoulders, loves his mom... eh, I guess I can't get past the whole he's a man thing... so no, not so hot, haha.

bowerbird said...

I think Javier also took his girlfriend Penelope Cruz to the oscars...He does seem rather lovely though - and gorgeous!

love your blog - such a talent too!

Sidsel_._ said...

uhmm - miss the smell of woodburning - and yours look great!
thanks for great Flickr-link and a great blog.
:)

Ester GarcĂ­a said...

Do you like Javier Bardem? Our Spanishhhh actor, hehehe